Sunday, November 23, 2014

Christmas Wall Hanging

Christmas Wall Hanging

Merry Christmas Ya'll!
 This is a small wall hanging done with some curved piecing of the snow and sky. The trees are pieced and appliqued to the background. Quilting is free motion. The sky is in a McTavishing pattern and the snow is freeform wavy lines. The stars are free motion thread painted.
The fabric for the sky is absolutely beautiful and I do not know where it came from, except from my stash. It is possible someone gave it to me. It is blue with white stars. It has a metallic sheen that is just gorgeous. I quilted the sky with dark blue embroidery thread. The quilting on the white snow is with a very light silvery :) color  to make the stitching snow up better. 
It measures 12 x 18.5 inches.

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear from you!






Shared on:

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little Christmas Wall hanging. I love the simplicity of the design and all the little details like the stripey trees and beautiful quilting.
    I'm following you now with bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
    Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
    Sue xx obat penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete